Sunday, October 17, 2010

Divided

I’m sure anyone with more than one child will agree that it is hard to give each child the attention that he or she needs all the time.  Even if you schedule time together, the other child (or children) can demand your attention and cause you to miss some of the special times you had planned.
With my girls, I feel this even more.  My alone time with Hailey is often interrupted for a medical concern with Brianna….and my one-on-one time with Brianna often involves caring for her or simply holding her because I want her to feel loved.   I do spend lots of time with my girls but sometimes, I don’t feel it’s enough. 
Today was one of those days where I’ve felt divided all day long.  Not enough time to do everything I want with the girls due to weekend chores (housework, grocery shopping).  Sure, I held Brianna, talked and played with her but there wasn’t time for a book or any teaching this morning.   And, yes, Hailey and I baked cookies today but we didn’t play Barbies or do a puzzle or anything.   Now they are napping and I’m running around trying to get everything else done before they wake up. 
I cannot imagine having another child to add to the craziness.  How do people who have more than 2 do it all? 
Well, I have to get back to work...I have two little girls who will be clamoring for my attention shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment